As I drove home tonight I thought about books. What books would I call inspirational? What books would I rank as awesome reads but not really inspirational.?Can an inspirational book be a work of fiction? As I mulled all this over, names of books would pop into my head. I did quite a bit of sorting and shifting. I came up with a list of what I would call my top ten inspirational books. They come in no particular order and I reserve the right to change, add or delete as I feel is necessary. As you read through my list I would like you to think about books in your life.
I used one criteria for deciding whether a book made it to the inspirational category. Did it influence my life in an important an positive way? I’ve read hundreds and hundreds of books, many of them brought tears to my eyes but very few of them can rank up there as inspirational, and even fewer hit the upper echelon of top ten.
Remember this is in no particular order.
My Top Ten Inspirational Books
1. Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
2. The Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T.E. Lawrence
3. Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne
4. How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci By Michael J. Cleb
5. Childhood’s End by Authur C Clarke
6. The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepto
7. Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
8. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
9. Inspiration by Wayne Dyer
10. The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe
There you have it. I will revise and update as I think of books that inspired me in some way. I will create a page and add to it as thoughts come.
Now it’s your turn.
Beautiful Summer Morning Top Five Inspirational Books for weekending September 20th
1.The Shack by William P Young. This Week #1 Last Week — Number of weeks 2
2. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
This Week #2 Last Week #2 Number of Weeks 21
3. Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin
This Week # 3 Last Week #4 — Number of Weeks 33
4. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose (Oprah’s Book Club, Selection 61) By Eckhart Tolle
This Week # 4 Last Week #1 of Weeks 30
5.Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia
by Elizabeth Gilbert
this week # 5 Last Week # 3 Number of Weeks 3(was on the list previously)
A book lying idle on a shelf is wasted ammunition. Like money, books must be kept in constant circulation. Lend and borrow to the maximum — of both books and money! But especially books, for books represent infinitely more than money. A book is not only a friend, it makes friends for you. When you have possessed a book with mind and spirit, you are enriched. But when you pass it on you are enriched threefold.
Source: Henry Miller
Get Inspired , Read a Book
Subscribe to my Newsletter: Go to Beautiful Summer Morning Inspirational Quote of the Day
Viagra Jelly – the blog directory”/>